Three ways to use Young Living essential oils
*Read label on bottle to determine the uses for specific oils and if they need to be diluted with a carrier oil or can be used “neat” or undiluted. We recommend the dilution calculator at Oily Notebook for dilution help for children and adults.
- Massage a few drops of essential oil and a carrier oil of choice (coconut, grape seed, V6 vegetable) into preferred parts of the body. Some oils can go on “neat” without a carrier oil, but always consult the label.
- Roll onto desired area with rollerball
- Drop 1 drop of oil into your non-dominant hand, rub your palms together and cup hands over nose and mouth (without touching oil to your eyes!) and inhale the oil, taking it in to all of your cells. Then, using your intuition, apply the oil on your body wherever you feel like you need it (back of the neck, abdomen, bottom of the feet…).
- Applying oils to the bottom of the feet is a wonderful way to use the oils, especially for kids, because the skin is less sensitive, the biggest pores are located here allowing the oils get into the system faster, AND a complete network of Vita-Flex points (like a map of your body on your feet!) stimulate all the internal body systems.
- Inhale directly (straight from the bottle)
- Diffuse them (add water to line, then a few drops of your favorite oil)
Add a few drops of oil into a bowl of hot water, cover your head and bowl with a towel and breathe deeply
- Add a drop to a glass of water or rice milk
- Put several drops of essential oil into an empty vegetable capsule and swallow with water. Tip: put rice into small bowl and as you fill capsules, stand them up because the capsules can leak and get sticky
Citrus oils will dissolve veggie capsules. Either add carrier oil or take immediately. They will also pull toxins from plastic, so never use them with plastic cups or bottles.
A must have for oilers!
Essential Oils Desk & Pocket Reference Guides
These are the most comprehensive encyclopedias on the topic, cross-referencing oils with uses, and providing easy directions and recipes